Tuesday 10 February 2009

I can Talk the Talk

Okay, a short one. I'm at the stage where I'm getting an idea of the grand, impossible task I've set myself. I'm equal to it, though, because all those years spent swearing at games and claiming to be capable of doing better must be avenged.

So I'm working on the dialogue. I have a system where my director object ("cKubrik" :D) creates scenes, objects parented to an object that runs lines of dialogue; all the children have little screenplays in them, and they all print the lines above actors for the specified length of time, and signal the actors to change their sprites, etc. It's almost left the design phase. Now I'm wondering how the hell to make them walk about; the actors move about in an area the player can't generally enter, and they'll need to roam about the map on a complex schedule. I want to code this myself at the risk of re-inventing the wheel, and it'll just take some thinking to break it open.

Finally, I'm probably not going to use the bubble ship. I might not use the invisible monster either, although... well, I don't know. My plan is to wait until I have disposable income and grab the pro version of GM7, even just for the transparency. Spriting is getting better, I feel like I'm improving.

I'll update the progress thing with more realistic goals soon, maybe before the week is out? Not sure. This isn't top priority, but nothing else is really going on right now, so away I shall work.

Thanks for tuning in, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment