Monday 13 April 2009

Following Procedure

I've been mostly playing with the ship layouts. Navigating is easier if the ship radiates out from a central elevator spoke.

Creating a procedural ship would be a satisfying challenge, and I'm almost done running through the logic. I don't want to make a game that isn't procedural in some way, I've decided.

I don't know if I still want to do the Monster thing; being the bad guy is fun in Overlord and GTA, but this isn't a game about torture. Maybe I could do something truly unhinged with the monster, make you a sad, emotional leech that just wants a (potentially fatal) hug. Still, that's a problem for a functional game.

For now, a series of rooms with people living in them would be great. Maybe I should be making a fish tank of people that responds to stimulus? Maybe, for now, I should just let you read their thoughts?

These questions will be answered in the next update, hopefully this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment