Saturday 9 May 2009

Hello #player#. Did you see that #event#?

Very interested in doing something with procedural text. My efforts with The Crossing might actually require a lot of chasing something down, but pipe-dreams are fated to take fucking ages, so there you go. Game Maker borked, somehow, so while I fix that I'm thinking about a fantasy JRPG setting; you know the kind, the town is full of people who only say one stupid thing over and over again? My proof of concept will be to get them saying the same stupid relevant, procedurally generated thing over and over again.

As a tertiary goal, I must not make this AI-Complete.

Also, I'd like to say that I've been asked to make a game about working in a gas station, where you get points for adding snacks onto their fuel sales, and spend the points on guns. So like minataur china shop, but with guns and people.

I miss the sensibilities of the original Doom. Quake Live helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment