Tuesday 19 May 2009

Paraphrasing is hard

Edit: computers? Understanding emotions? FROM TEXT? WTF.

It's easy to come up with weird sentences like: "The Captain is destroyed" if you just use a thesaurus replacer. Hmm.

I'm thinking a lot about the way we construct sentences and it almost seems like you can't just replace words, you have to randomise the structure as well. Then you get sentences like:

"Happy today, I am." Which... nobody would say. Hmm.

I can write simple things (my name is #1. i have a #2.) and switch them randomly with more complex things (hey, have you seen my #2? i'm #1, by the way, hi.), but it's tricky to anticipate everything I want to write.

Also, it's been hard to really get into a serious coding session lately, because my writing has been picking up speed, and I'm always working. I need to take a long holiday from work and set up some posts to schedule on my main blog.

Whelp, that's the weekly update! I'm gonna try and update this on my progress every Tuesday. It'd be fun to get my engine to work on the updates :D

No comments:

Post a Comment